SEO is a way to get your website higher in the search engine rankings, such as Google or Bing. It’s challenging for people to find information on the internet these days without using search engines such as Google (this article, for example), so why not use SEO to ensure that when people look for things relating to your business, they can find you quickly and easily?
There are lots of reasons why your business needs SEO, but here are a few of them:
1. SEO helps people find you – this one should be obvious! If nobody can find you, then don’t expect any customers through your door. SEO is a great way to make sure that you are easy to find if someone is looking for something that you provide or even just searching for a local business using their smartphone with Google Maps.
2. SEO makes your website more visible – If someone’s searched for something and they’ve found your site, SEO helps them see it amongst the other results. SEO does this by targeting words and phrases that relate to what you do in the content of your website – it basically means being clear about who you are, what you do and where people can find you on the internet. Just imagine all those people searching online without SEO keeping them from finding your amazing products/services…
3. SEO will help grow your reputation – being easy to find online is a great way to increase your reputation and become known for the right reasons, which will help attract new customers. SEO can also be leveraged to update your content regularly, so if you’re ever made aware of any bad press or comments, SEO makes it easy to publish updates (which Google/Bing will pick up) and get the message across that you’re listening to, and working on things.
4. SEO means you’ll rank higher when people search – SEO isn’t just about being found by someone who’s just read an article somewhere with keywords relating to what you do. SEO is also about getting higher rankings when people are searching for those words/phrases directly. Imagine how many more people could end up finding your website if they’re searching the internet directly? SEO can make that happen.
5. SEO means a better online presence – it’s just like having a shop on the high street (or indeed a web address). If you run your own business and don’t have SEO in place, you’d be missing out on not only customers from people looking for things relating to your business but also those who are happy to use your website as an information resource because they’ve found you when they need some information. SEO means giving them all the reasons why they should choose your business above anyone else!
If SEO seems like something that might be useful for your website, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us to discuss further.